Free Resources and Inspiration For Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks

From beginners to pros, we all could use a little hand.
That´s what this blog is about.

Follow bee_trees on Twitter

domingo, 24 de outubro de 2010

Illustrator Live Trace


A reader raised the question why I don’t use the Live Trace instead of tracing the sketch with the Pen tool.

It’s simply because the lines of my sketch aren’t ‘clean’ enough to make it work with Live Trace. The outcome depends a lot on your orignal, as you can see here in these experiments.

Not that you can’t do magic tricks with this tool, of course you can.

If I traced my pencil drawing first with a thin black marker and scanned this version of the image, it might have been perfect to use Live Trace instead.

I simply wanted to show how the Pen tool works and how I draw most of my illustrations, that was the point of the movie.


{by Veerle}


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário